Hospital Univ. de G. Canaria Dr Negrín Las Palmas
FLS DR NEGRIN in CAPTURE THE FRACTURE
Directed by lead clinicians Dr. Antonio Naranjo and Dr. Soledad Ojeda, the Dr. Negrin Fracture Liaison Service has been running since 2012. The public district hospital is located in the north area of Gran Canaria island and serves a population of around 400,000 people. The fracture liaison service handles all fragility fractures.
This Fracture Liaison Service (FLS) includes a team of six:
• Coordinators: Dr. Antonio Naranjo, Rheumatologist and Professor of Medicine, Universidad de Las Palmas (Champion) and Dr. Soledad Ojeda, Rheumatologist
• Nurse Rheumatology: Amparo Molina
• X-Ray Technician: Fabiola Santana
• Secretary: Carmen Alonso
· Granted Nutritionist: Aída Saavedra
Chief of Rheumatology Department: Carlos Rodríguez Lozano
The FLS collaborates with 21 primary care centres (255 primary care doctors) as well as with rheumatology, orthopedic and geriatric specialists. In 2016 and 2017 they have joined to the FLS the services of Rehabilitation, Radiodiagnostic and Clinical analyses
· Naranjo A, Fernández-Conde S, Ojeda S, Torres-Hernández L, Hernández-Carballo C, Bernardos I, Rodríguez S, Laynez P. Preventing future fractures: effectiveness of an orthogeriatric fracture liaison service compared to an outpatient fracture liaison service and the standard management in patients with hip fracture. Arch Osteoporos. 2017 Dec 11;12(1):112.
· Naranjo A, Ojeda-Bruno S, Bilbao-Cantarero A, Quevedo-Abeledo JC,Diaz-González BV, Rodríguez-Lozano C. Two-year adherence to treatment and associated factors in a fracture liaison service in Spain. Osteoporos Int. 2015 Nov;26(11):2579-85.
· Naranjo A, Ojeda-Bruno S, Bilbao Cantarero A, Rodríguez-Moreno S. Secondary fracture prevention after femur fractures in the Gran Canaria North Health Area: A 2004-2014 comparison. eumatol Clin. 2016 Jan-Feb;12(1):58.
· Naranjo A, Ojeda-Bruno S, Bilbao Cantarero A, Quevedo Abeledo JC, Henríquez-Hernández LA, Rodríguez-Lozano C. Results of a model of secondary prevention for osteoporotic fracture coordinated by rheumatology and focused on the nurse and primary care physicians. Reumatol Clin. 2014 Sep-Oct;10(5):299-303.
· Ojeda-Bruno S, Naranjo A, Francisco-Hernández F, Erausquin C, Rúa-Figueroa I,Quevedo JC, Rodríguez-Lozano C. Secondary prevention program for osteoporotic fractures and long-term adherence to bisphosphonates. Osteoporos Int. 2011 Jun;22(6):1821-8.
IMPACT FLS GOLD MEDAL
HOSPITAL DR NEGRIN
28-2-2018 LA VANGUARDIA (press)
28-2-2018 ACTA SANITARIA
intranet Hospital Dr Negrin
Barranco de la Ballena
35010 Las Palmas Las Palmas